Red Squirrel

samahan ng mga magaganda or something like it...

Monday, June 05, 2006

Anyways, so we had a talk. I'll be extending not one, but two weeks more. So my last day here would be July 7 (initial plan was 23rd of June). They mentioned something about a "continued service provision." This is a provision that says that technically, I am still an employee of the company even if I resigned from Vietnam. Hence, my planned "vacation" of three weeks is actually a "leave." And since it is only June, I am only allowed 9 days' leave (half year's allowable leave). Therefore, I CANNOT take three weeks' leave. And the US did not particularly agree to moving my start date of July 24.

So this is a bit strange as this only came up now. It was like they were actually trying to exhaust all avenues so I could stay longer. My director said that the same case happened to him as well (deep inside, I was thinking, "But I'm not even a director yet!).

Anyways, it's all OK now. I feel a little helpless about this reality (it's like fighting a Goliath). But I reluctantly accept this as hopefully, the US stint will help me develop more as a person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home