Red Squirrel

samahan ng mga magaganda or something like it...

Monday, June 05, 2006

Hi Cherryl,
Thanks. I'm ok now...
The reason why I was infuriated is that I interpreted the email below as something like this: please consider an extension because there is no one to handle my accounts yet (Hello! Madaming capable na tao dito I'm sure. Subra. Di naman ako nag-iisa dito.) and please also consider reducing vacation time in the phils (Hello! Papa-extend nio ko tas papa-reduce nio time ko for my family and friends! Hindi pede yan.). And the part about submitting a report to the regional people on how the transition in Vietnam went was like telling me na "if you don't do as we like, we'll tell on you." Kainis.
===
Hi Bel

I?ve contacted US and they are considering a couple of things. One, whether they could push the start date a week or so and secondly whether they would support your looking for accommodation for a few hours here and there whilst you?re going through induction. I?ve done this before myself and it can fit in quite easily as you will not be 100% booked up with projects on arrival.

Alongside that I?d ask you to consider less than a month off. If you didn?t need to arrive a week early (because IR are flexible in helping you find somewhere in office hours) would then 2 instead of 3 weeks holiday in Philippines be sufficient for you?

This would make it easier to stick towards the original timing we had planned. I?ll wait for a response from David and Solani. I also know Deepak pretty well so I?m sure we can find a compromise.

Regards handover, Celine has been interviewing many candidates for a couple of months now without too much success apart from at more junior levels perhaps. This may mean we have to transition some support out of the team. I will ask Celine and Joe to make a decision quickly on this so that you can plan a final transition of the Handover material you have prepared. Obviously, if we?re still working to a July timeline this will be much easier.

It is normal for us to be asked to submit a short summary of the way the handover and transition worked for regional, just to make sure all is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home